Fourth of July weekend in Portland starts tomorrow, with events to celebrate the United States’ 246 years as an independent country. Those celebrations include parades, ceremonies, family-friendly festivals + summertime soirees.
Here’s an overview of the next few days…
- Sat: 76° | ☁️ | 8% chance of rain
- Sun: 73° | ☁️ | 19% chance of rain
- Mon: 72° | ⛅️ | 24% chance of rain
Fourth of July fireworks
Though Portland has banned all personal use of fireworks, you can still marvel at the city’s official fireworks display from the Waterfront Blues Festival (Fri., July 1-Mon., July 4), or other vantage points around the city.
- Oaks Park 4th of July Spectacular | Mon., July 4 | 11 a.m.-12 a.m. | Oaks Amusement Park, 7805 SE Oaks Park Way | $36 | Entry includes all-day access to the rides, free first-come, first-serve picnic grounds, and a dazzling fireworks display at 10 p.m. 🎢
- 4th of July Heartbeat Silent Disco | Mon., July 4 | 6-10 p.m. | Tilikum Crossing, Bridge of the People | $10 | Put on your reds, whites, blues and dancing shoes to groove to your own music and then watch the pyrotechnics in the sky. 🎧
- 4th of July Fireworks and Picnic | Mon., July 4 | 7-10 p.m. | Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, 1510 S. Harbor Way | $45+ | Reserve exclusive seating at King Tide Fish & Shell for the “best view” of fireworks in the city. 🎆
- Celebrating 4th of July | Mon., July 4 | 7 p.m.-12 a.m. | Metropolitan Tavern, 1021 NE Grand Ave., #600 | $50 | Enjoy music from Hit Machine, a barbecue buffet, and rooftop firework views atop Hotel Eastlund. 🍖
- Lake Oswego Millennium Concert Band | Sun., July 3 | 7 p.m. | Millennium Plaza Park, Lake Oswego | Free | Enjoy a night of patriotic, USO-style music from these Sudler Silver Scroll Award recipients. 🇺🇸
- Hillsboro Rotary 4th of July Parade | Mon., July 4 | 10 a.m. | Northeast Grant Street, Hillsboro | Free | This patriotic procession, dedicated to “hometown heroes,” goes through downtown. 🎗️
- Bob’s Red Mill 4th of July Celebration | Sun., July 3 | 11 a.m.-2 p.m. | Bob’s Red Mill Whole Grain Store, 5000 SE International Way, Milwaukie | Free+ | Dig into this barbecue with $5 burgers, shaved ice + popcorn, plus fantastic live music and games like a watermelon eating contest. 🍉
- Blue Kool-Aid and Chicken Block Party | Mon., July 4 | 5-8 p.m. | 5624 NE Garfield Ave. | Free+ | Celebrate Independence Day with dinner from Willie Mae’s Country Soul, dessert from Mildred’s Sweet Treats, plenty of music + neighborhood camaraderie. 🎶
Are you jazzed for July? Check out our ever-growing events list and hit that button below to send us some more can’t-miss July celebrations.