Happy June, Portland. This month officially kicks off the start of summer + there is so much happening in and around the City of Roses. Read on for our Portland events calendar.
All month long
- Pedalpalooza | Wed., June 1-Wed., Aug. 31 | Times vary | Locations vary | Free+ | Join hundreds of public bike rides around the city for all ages and skill levels. 🚲
- Dinolandia | Tues., May 31-Sat., Sept. 10 | 11 a.m.-7 p.m. | 710 SW Yamhill St. | $5 | Walk through prehistoric times in this immersive, family-friendly exhibit featuring 1,000+ cutouts by Portland artist Mike Bennett.🦖
- Kenton Farmers Market | Wednesday, June 1-Sept. 28 | 3-7 p.m. | North McClellan Street + North Denver Avenue | Free | Come for the fresh produce, stay for the live music. 🧺
- “Rent” | Wed., June 1-Sun., July 10 | Times vary | Portland Center Stage at The Armory, 128 NW 11th Ave. | $25+ | The iconic musical highlighting justice + visibility is hitting the stage just in time for its 25th anniversary. 🎶
- CityFair | Fri., May 27-Sun., June 12 | Times vary | Tom McCall Waterfront Park | $8+ | Find entertainment, food + rides by the banks of the Willamette River. 🎢
- Movies At Dusk | Thursdays, June 2-Aug. 25 | 7:30 p.m. | Pix Pâtisserie, 2225 E. Burnside St. | $8 | Brighten your summer with these uplifting classics, plus all-you-can-eat popcorn, movie trivia, beer, cider + more. 🎥
- Vanport Mosaic Festival | Fri., May 20-Tues., June 7 | Locations vary | Free | Learn about what was once Oregon’s second-largest city through performances, screenings, exhibits + more.
- Shemanski Park Market | Wednesday, May 4-Oct. 26 | 10 a.m.-2 p.m. | Southwest Park Avenue + Southwest Main Street | Free | Shop from 30+ vendors selling farm-fresh seasonal produce and locally-made food. 🍎
Wednesday, June 1-Sunday, June 5
Wednesday, June 1
- Belle + Sebastian | Wed., June 1 | 8 p.m. | Roseland Theater, 8 NW Sixth Ave. | $49.50 | It’s “Another Sunny Day” whenever this pop group is in town. 🎤
- Laura Cortese & The Dance Cards | Wed., June 1 | 8-10 p.m. | The Old Church Concert Hall, 1422 SW 11th Ave. | $17+ | This rotating all-women ensemble of acoustic musicians performs in trio + quartet configurations, composing heartfelt classics and rich symphonies.
- Richard W. Etulain | Wed., June 1 | 7 p.m. | Powell’s City of Books | $24.95 | Hear from this biographical author about the legacy of Mark O. Hatfield, an Oregonian politician who helped shape the modern Portland.
- Violent Femmes | Wed., June 1 | 8:30 p.m. | McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, 1332 W. Burnside St. | $42.50 | The American folk-punk band behind the hit song “Blister in the Sun” takes the stage.
- How to Memorize Information | Wed., June 1 | 7-8 a.m. | Online | Free | Iris Reading will share how your memory works, as well as different techniques to make what you read stick. 🧠
- Canoe & Kayak Rentals | Wed., June 1 | 4-7 p.m. | Whitaker Ponds Nature Park, 7040 NE 47th Ave. | Free | Experience the wonders and wildlife of the Columbia Slough up close with this new program courtesy of the Columbia Slough Watershed Council. 🛶
- Cultural Demonstration: Tea Ceremony | Wed., June 1| 1:15-2:15 p.m. | Portland Japanese Garden | Free+ | A demonstration of Chado, the Way of Tea, and its link to the kokoro, or the heart of Japanese gardening. ☕
Thursday, June 2
- The Hugs | Thurs., June 2 | 9 p.m. | Doug Fir Lounge | $15 | Hailing from Portland, this garage-pop group will release its seventh album soon.
- Joshua Ray Walker | Thurs., June 2 | 8 p.m. | Polaris Hall, 635 N. Killingsworth Ct. | $15 | The Texas native’s latest album “See You Next Time” portrays an imagined + brokedown honkytonk — and the misfits who call it home.
- Erath First Thursdays | Thurs., June 2 | 6-8 p.m. | Erath Urban Tasting Room, 1439 NW Marshall St. | Prices vary | Gather in the heart of the Pearl for this tradition of wine + live music. 🍷
Friday, June 3
- Talking Dead | Fri., June 3 | 8 p.m. | Aladdin Theater, 3017 SE Milwaukie Ave. | $35 | You don’t want to miss LDW and Garcia Birthday Band performing songs from The Grateful Dead + Talking Heads. 💀
- Lavelle Crawford | Fri., June 3-Sun., June 5 | Times vary | Helium Comedy Club, 1510 SE Ninth Ave. | $30+ | Get your laugh on at this larger-than-life comedy show from one of the hottest stars in the biz.
- My People’s Market 9 | Fri., June 3-Sun., June 5 | 4 p.m. | Workshop Blocks, 1125 SE Water Ave. | Free | Connect with BIPOC entrepreneurs, makers, artists, culinary wizards, and beverage crafters. 🧺
- Into the Woods, Jr. | Fri., June 3-Sun., June 12 | Times vary | Springwater Church, 3445 SE Hillyard Dr., Gresham | $10+ | Marvel at this local, lyrical retelling of the Tony Award-winning musical inspired by classic Brothers Grimm fables. 🐺
- Thorns vs. Angel City FC | Fri., June 3 | 7:30 p.m. | Providence Park | $17+ | Sophia Smith and co. will storm the pearly gates — and kick the ball right through them.
Saturday, June 4
- CareOregon Starlight Parade | Sat., June 4 | 7:30-10 p.m. | Downtown Portland, ending at Lincoln High School | Free | Steeped in over 100 years of tradition, you won’t want to miss this twinkling event. 🌟
- Starlight Run | Sat., June 4 | 6-7 p.m. | Starts on Naito Parkway | $25+ | Is there a better way to usher in the Starlight Parade than with a warm up run? 👟
- Celebration of Strawberry Dinner on the Great Lawn | Sat., June 4 | 6 p.m. | Topaz Farms, 17100 NW Sauvie Island Rd. | $100 | Chefs Christian and Janelle Ephrem will showcase this treat from the farms’ no-spray harvest. 🍓
- David Sedaris | Sat., June 4 | 2 p.m. | Powell’s at Cedar Hills Crossing, 3415 SW Cedar Hills Blvd. | $29 | Get a signed copy of “Happy-Go-Lucky,” a poignant and personal perspective on America during its recent upheavals.
- Respighi’s Pines of Rome | Sat., June 4-Mon., June 6 | Times vary | Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall | $25+ | Nathalie Joachim, a Grammy-nominated flutist, vocalist + composer follows a vibrant sonic portrayal of Rome with music that explores her own Haitian heritage. 🎶
- Rocky Butte Farmers Market | Sat., June 4 | 9 a.m.-1 p.m. | Mannahouse parking lot, 4200 NE Fremont St. | Free | This market aims to lower barriers to market participation for under-represented vendors and strengthen connections within the diverse community.
Sunday, June 5
- New Kids on the Block | Sun., June 5 | 7:30 p.m. | Moda Center | $25.95+ | The 90’s just wouldn’t have been the same without this group, and here they are to take you back to yesteryear.
- Crush on Oregon 2022 | Sun., June 5 | 10:30 a.m. | Castaway Portland, 1900 NW 18th Ave. | $65+ | Take a full day to relax with wine tastings from 30 different Oregon wineries. 🍷
- Latino Cultural Festival | Sun., June 5 | Times vary | Ron Tonkin Stadium, 4460 NE Century Blvd., Hillsboro | Free | In its 16th year, this celebration will provide cultural entertainment, an art village, food, and a competitive futsal tournament for more than 200 players.
- CountryFest 2022 | Sun., June 5 | 3-9:30 p.m. | Tom McCall Waterfront Park | $40+ | The Rose Festival and 98.7 The Bull put on this concert, which features artists like Blanco Brown, Tenille Arts, and Priscilla Block. 🎸
- Ring of Fire – The Music of Johnny Cash | Sun., June 5 | 2 p.m. | Winningstad Theatre, 1111 SW Broadway | $32.25+ | This musical tells a tale of love and faith, struggle and success, rowdiness and redemption, and the healing power of home and family.
Monday, June 6-Sunday, June 12
Monday, June 6
- Jack White: The Supply Chain Issues Tour | Mon., June 6 | 8 p.m. | Moda Center | $35+ | The Grammy Award-winning guitarist who looks at “playing guitar as an attack” is headlining for the first time in four years ahead of his two new albums. 🎸
- Crown the Empire | Mon., June 6 | 7 p.m. | Hawthorne Theater | $53+ | This metalcore group stops by on its “Fallout Anniversary Tour.”
- B. A. Shapiro in Conversation With Tim Johnston | Mon., June 6 | 5 p.m. | Online | Free | Hear from the author of the masterful new novel of psychological suspense,“Metropolis.”
- Covet | Mon., June 6 | 8 p.m. | Doug Fir Lounge | $20 | See this math rock trio from California along with opening acts Hikes, King of Heck, and Heirloom.
- Portland Margarita Week | Mon., June 6-Sun., June 12 | Times vary | Locations vary | Prices vary | More than 18 bars + restaurants will sell special drinks to help raise money in support of El Patojismo, a Guatemalan nonprofit. 🍸
- Cultural Demonstration: Ikebana | Mon., June 6 | 1:15-2:15 p.m. | Portland Japanese Garden | Free+ | Watch Ikebana, the Japanese art of flower arranging + learn how it “gives life” back to flowers. 💐
- Gay Skate | Mon., June 6 | 7-9:30 p.m. | Oaks Park Roller Rink | $10 | Celebrate Pride with this monthly skate night. 🛼
- Flamenco First Mondays | Mon., June 6 | 5 + 7 p.m. | 23Hoyt, 529 NW 23rd Ave. | $20 minimum food/drink per person | This rotating cast of Portland’s top flamenco dancers, singers, and guitarists put on a show while you enjoy dinner.
Tuesday, June 7
- Tori Amos | Tues., June 7 | 8 p.m. | Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall | $44.50+ | The Grammy-nominated songstress with nine top-10 US albums is coming to Portland on her “Ocean to Ocean Tour.” 🌊
- Bridge City 4 Concert | Tues., June 7 | 7-8 p.m. | Nordic Northwest, 8800 SW Oleson Rd. | $5+ | The Portland-based multi-stylistic string quartet takes you on a journey through cross-genre explorations and inventive programming.
- Animal Walk with Farmer Kat | Tues., June 7 | 11 a.m. | Topaz Farm, 17100 NW Sauvie Island Rd. | Free | Meet some friendly critters and visit the huge farm stand for adult and kid-friendly snacks afterward. 🐐
- 2022 NACE Conference & Expo | Tues., June 7-Wed., June 8 | 8 a.m. | Oregon Convention Center | $575+ | The premier careers services and college recruiting experience also has virtual offerings later in the month.
Wednesday, June 8
- Fleet Week | Wed., June 8-Sun., June 12 | All day | Tom McCall Waterfront Park | Free | Military vessels have frequented the Portland waterfront for 100+ years; tours of the ships are available on a first-come-first-served basis. 🛥
- Fred Meyer Junior Parade | Wed., June 8 | 1-3 p.m. | Hollywood District | Free | Children from across Portland will walk, march, ride + scoot from Sandy Boulevard + Northeast 52nd Avenue to Grant High School. 🎈
- Stars | Wed., June 8 | 8 p.m. | Aladdin Theater, 3017 SE Milwaukie Ave. | $31+ | On its West Coast tour, the Canadian indie pop/rock band keeps telling the tales we keep in the deepest corners of our hearts + souls.
- Skål Nights | Wed., June 8 | 6-8 p.m. | Nordic Northwest, 8800 SW Oleson Rd. | $5+ | Toast to good health with tastings of local wineries, cellars + distilleries on the patio. 🍻
- The Brazilian Experience | Wed., June 8 | 11 a.m.-2 p.m. | Welcome Dome at Pioneer Courthouse Square | Free | Loosen up those hips with a samba presentation, dance class, carnaval drum band + more. 💃
Thursday, June 9
- Lil Tracy + Brennan Savage | Thurs., June 9 | 8 p.m. | Roseland Theater, 8 NW 6th Ave. | $25 | The emorap pioneer brings his “Space Odyssey Tour” to Portland.
- Spring Rose Show | Thurs., June 9- Fri., June 10 | Times vary | Lloyd Center | Free | The Portland Rose Society’s annual event is the largest and longest-running rose show in the nation. 🌹
- Filmed by Bike | Thurs., June 9-Sun., June 12 | Times vary | Hollywood Theatre | Prices vary | This collection of films will celebrate Portland’s bike culture and the 20th anniversary of the festival. 🚲
Friday, June 10
- Son Volt | Fri., June 10 | 8 p.m. | Aladdin Theater, 3017 SE Milwaukie Ave. | $30 | The band founded by Jay Farrar visits Portland ahead of their latest album, “Electro Melodier.”
- Tanabata/The Star Festival | Fri., June 10 | 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m. | Portland Japanese Garden | Free+ | Visitors will see a colorful display of traditional tanzaku, or wish strips, hanging from bamboo. 🎋
- Cider Summit | Fri., June 10-Sat., June 11 | Times vary | The Fields Park, 1099 NW Overton St. | $30+ | The region’s largest hard cider tasting event returns to the Pearl District after a 2-year absence. 🍎
- Pride at the Museum | Fri., June 10 | 6-10 p.m. | OMSI | $8+ | People of all ages are invited to enjoy Pride-inspired science demonstrations, lectures, drag performances, music + more.
Saturday, June 11
- HAIM | Sat., June 11 | 8 p.m. | Moda Center | $21+ | A trio of rockstar sisters are coming to Portland for their latest tour, “One More HAIM.”
- Oregon Midsummer Festival | Sat., June 11 | 11 a.m.-6 p.m. | Oaks Park | $8+ | Celebrate Scandinavian style by decorating the Maypole, crafting flower wreaths, and indulging in Nordic summer delicacies. 🌞
- Portland Rose Festival Dragon Boat Race | Sat., June 11-Sun., Jun 12 | 8 a.m.-5 p.m. | Tom McCall Waterfront Park | Free | This exciting Chinese tradition consists of local, national + international boats racing along the Willamette River. 🐉
- Volunteer Fair | Sat., June 11 | 10 a.m.-1 p.m. | Beaverton City Library, 12375 SW Fifth St. | Free | This event is dedicated to raising awareness of local nonprofits and community groups.
- Lavender U-Pick Opening Day | Sat., June 11 | 10 a.m.-4 p.m. | Hope Lavender Farm, 28333 SE One Oak Ln., Eagle Creek | Prices vary | Your nose will like the aromas and your eyes will enjoy the Mount Hood views. 🌸
- Irvington Neighborhood Community Yard Sale | Sat., June 11 | 8 a.m.-2 p.m. | Locations vary | Free | With more than 65 households participating, you’re sure to find a treasure or two.
Sunday, June 12
- WILD WOMAN Artist Talk | Sun., June 12 | 5:30-7 p.m. | Online | Free | Hear how designer Myriam Marcela De Anda + textile artist Laura Renée Maier collaborate to create wearable art with a social purpose.
- A Bubbly Spectacular | Sun., June 12 | 4-7 p.m. | Pix Patisserie, 2225 E. Burnside St. | $50 | Taste 60 sparkling wines from across the globe and enter exciting prize drawings. 🍾
- Cultural Demonstration: Koto Harp | Sun., June 12 | 1:15-2:15 p.m. | Portland Japanese Garden | Free+ | Enjoy a performance by Oregon Koto Kai on one of Japan’s most prominent musical instruments.
Monday, June 13-Sunday, June 19
Monday, June 13
- Rose City Chess Tournaments | Mon., June 13 | 6-9 p.m. | Nordic Northwest, 8800 SW Oleson Rd. | $15 + | Players of all ages and abilities are invited to try to check their mate. ♟️
- Fox and Bones | Mon., June 13 | 12-1 p.m. | SW Sixth Ave. + SW Main St. | Free | Sign us up for this lunchtime concert from the Portland-based indie and folk duo.
Tuesday, June 14
- The Gooey 80’s | Tues., June 14-Tues., June 28 | 6-7:30 p.m.| Online | $180 | Tune into this PAMCUT series about transforming bodies and the physicality of practical special effects in this era of cinema.
- PRIDE Block Party | Tues., June 14-Thurs., June 16 | Times vary | Southwest Stark Street + Southwest 12th Street | Prices vary | Scandals has partnered with McMenamins Crystal Hotel to make the party twice as big with live music + performances. 🌈
Wednesday, June 15
- Ben Folds with the Oregon Symphony | Wed., June 15 | 7:30 p.m. | Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall | $35+ | Join the multi-platinum artist as he performs everything from fan-favorites to exciting new music. 🎵
- Isobel Campbell | Wed., June 15 | 8-10 p.m. | The Old Church Concert Hall, 1422 SW 11th Ave. | $22+ | Having reached stardom as a member of Belle & Sebastian, the megastar is setting out on a chamber pop solo tour.
- Liz Prato in Conversation with Lidia Yuknavitch | Wed., June 15 | 7 p.m. | Powell’s City of Books | Free | Take a deep dive into “Kids of America,” a collection of essays about Generation X and the taboo issues they faced.
- Bumblebee Hike | Wed., June 15 | 10 a.m. | Leach Botanical Garden, 6704 SE 122nd Ave. | Donations encouraged | Explore the wonders of nature at the speed of a toddler (ages 2-5).
Thursday, June 16
- Not Another D&D Podcast | | Thurs., June 16 | 7 p.m. | Aladdin Theater, 3017 SE Milwaukie Ave. | $55+ | Watch a live podcast where a trio of adventurers set out to right their wrongs after an almost failed attempt to save the world. 🌎
- Tabletop Thursday | Thurs., June 16 | 6 p.m. | The 4th Wall PDX, 1445 SE Hawthorne Blvd. | Free | It’s playtime, so take your pick from all the classic board games.
- She & Him | Thurs., June 16 | 6:30 p.m. | McMenamins Grand Lodge, 3505 Pacific Ave., Forest Grove | $49.50+ | This duo will perform songs that remind you of neverending sunny spring days. 🎤
- Cirque du Soleil | Thurs., June 16-Sun., July 17 | Portland Expo Center, 2060 N. Marine Dr. | $49+ | World-renowned circus performers debut “Alegría,” their most classic performance reimagined for the eyes of the new generation. 🎪
- History of Black Drag in Portland | Thurs., June 16 | 7-9 p.m. | McMenamins Kennedy School Theater, 5736 NE 33rd Ave. | $25 | Experience a night of conversation between speakers like Lawanda Jackson and Cicely, followed by live performances.
Friday, June 17
- Portland Beer Week | Fri., June 17-Sun., June 26 | Times vary | Locations vary | Prices vary | Dozens of events across the city will showcase beers + the people who make them. 🍻
- Rose City Book & Paper Fair | Fri., June 17-Sat., June 18 | Times vary | DoubleTree by Hilton, 1000 NE Multnomah St. | $5 | Bask in the sweet smell of new and old books, magazines, prints, maps + more from PNW booksellers and beyond.📚
- The Phoenix Ten Minute Play Festival | Fri., June 17-Sat., June 25 | 7 p.m. | Clinton Street Theater | $10 | Monkey With a Hat On’s 28th installment showcases new plays written, directed, performed by Portland artists.
Saturday, June 18
- Portland Iris Society Show | Sat., June 18 | 10 a.m.-4 p.m. | Portland Japanese Garden | $13.50+ | After many years, the organization returns to judge two varieties of the late-season flower. 🌸
- The Odd Duck Puppet Show | Sat., June 18 | 10-11 a.m. | Nordic Northwest, 8800 SW Oleson Rd. | $5+ | Penny’s Puppets celebrates 20 years of putting on shows with a new spin on Hans Christen Anderson’s “The Ugly Duckling.” 🦆
- Crimescene Investigator | Sat., June 18 | 9 a.m.-2 p.m. | Citywide | $80 | Round up your fellow detectives to look for clues, crack codes, and take on this thrilling outdoor murder mystery event. 🔍
- It’s a Hootenanny! | Sat., June 18 | 11 a.m.-12 a.m. | White Eagle Saloon & Hotel, 836 N. Russell St. | $15 | Rock-n-roll all day with killer shows, brats, and a specially brewed beer.
- Portland Pride Waterfront Festival | Sat., June 18-Sun., June 19 | Times vary | Tom McCall Waterfront Park | $8 donation encouraged | Support community organizations and businesses in person for the first time since 2019, when 65,000+ people attended. 🏳️🌈
- Juneteenth Oregon Celebration | Sat., June 18 | 11 a.m.-6 p.m. | Lillis Albina Park, N. Flint Ave. + N. Russell St. | Free | On the 50th anniversary of when Portland recognized the holiday, join the city in celebrating African American freedom, education + achievement with a variety of food, entertainment, and vendors.
- GeekCraft Expo | Sat., June 18-Sun., June 19 | Times vary | Oregon Convention Center | $2 | Local nerds assemble; you won’t want to miss this world of handcrafted + themed geek goods.
- Pride Pics | Sat., June 18-Sun., June 19 | 8:30 p.m. | Tom McCall Waterfront Park | $10+ | Grab dinner and a movie at this outdoor film experience featuring LGBTQIA+ films on a big screen.
- Gaylabration 2022: decaDANCE | Sat., June 18 | 9 p.m. | McMenamins Crystal Ballroom | $25+ | Bring your dancing shoes to this 21+ party where you can opt to try airbrush body paint.
- Let’s Get Proud | Sat., June 18 | 7:30 p.m. | Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall | $19+ | The Portland Gay Men’s Chorus performs pop tunes about self-love, reflection + celebration.
Sunday, June 19
- Portland Pride Parade | Sun., June 19 | 11 a.m. | Northwest Broadway + Couch Street to Southwest Naito Parkway | Free | Throw on your rainbow to celebrate and stand with Portland’s LGTBQIA2S+ community. 🌈
- Portland Century | Sun., June 19 | Times vary | McMenamins Edgefield, 2126 SW Halsey St., Troutdale | $109+ | Ride your bike on a 40 or 100-mile route, paired with food stops, sightseeing + more. 🚲
- Father’s Day Picnic | Sun., June 19 | Times vary | Topaz Farm,17100 NW Sauvie Island Rd. | $100 | Enjoy a handcrafted farm-to-plate meal with Dad, visit the farm animals + play some cornhole.
- Leo Kottke | Sun., June 19 | 8 p.m. | Aladdin Theater, 3017 SE Milwaukie Ave. | $42.50 | Enjoy a show from this two-time Grammy-nominated acoustic guitarist. 🎸
- Thorns vs. Orlando Pride | Sun., June 19 | 12 p.m. | Providence Park | $10+ | The team in purple will head back to Florida with their pride hurt after running into the team in red.
Monday, June 20-Sunday, June 26
Monday, June 20
- Magic the Gathering: Commander | Mon., June 20 | 6-9 p.m. | The 4th Wall PDX, 1445 SE Hawthorne Blvd. | Free | Players of all levels are invited to sling some cards.
- Norah Jones | Mon., June 20 | 6:30 p.m. | McMenamins Edgefield, 2126 SW Halsey St., Troutdale | $49.50+ | The nine-time Grammy Award winner will celebrate the 20th anniversary of “Come Away With Me” on a US tour.
- Come Thru: Black & Indigenous Market | Mon., June 20 | 3-7 p.m.| 831 SE Salmon St. | Free | Support local BIPOC farmers + makers working to make their small business dreams a reality. 🥬
Tuesday, June 21
- “Cats” | Tues., June 21-Sun., June 26 | Times vary | Keller Auditorium, 222 SW Clay St. | $29.50+ | The record-breaking musical phenomenon has captivated audiences in 30+ countries; you won’t want to miss meow-t. 🐈
- Dan Lambe | Tue., June 21 | 7 p.m. | Powell’s Books at Cedar Hills Crossing, 3415 SW Cedar Hills Blvd., Beaverton | Free | The author of “Now Is the Time for Trees” talks about nature-based solutions to climate change.
- Ron Carter Trio and Chuck Israels | Tue., June 21 | 7 p.m. | Newmark Theatre, 1111 SW Broadway | $49.75+ | Enjoy smooth tunes from prolific jazz bassists. 🎷
Wednesday, June 22
- Third Eye Blind | Wed., June 22 | 6 p.m. | McMenamins Edgefield, 2126 SW Halsey St., Troutdale | $54.50+ | Don’t miss these alternative rock originators on their “25 Years in the Blind” tour, alongside special guests Taking Back Sunday + Hockey Dad. 🎸
- Liz Longley | Wed., June 22 | 8 p.m. | The Old Church Concert Hall, 1422 SW 11th Ave. | $18 | Known for her stop-in-your-tracks voice, this artist presents an intimate personal portrait through music.
Thursday, June 23
- Tabletop Thursday | Thurs., June 23 | 6 p.m. | The 4th Wall PDX, 1445 SE Hawthorne Blvd. | Free | Bring your own games or play what you find. 🎲
- Bill Burr | Thurs., June 23 | 7 p.m. | Moda Center | $41.50+ | The Grammy nominated comedian and established TV + film star comes to town on his “Slight Return” tour.
- The Juicy Jam! | Thurs., June 23 | 7 p.m.-12 a.m. | Parker’s Hideaway, 5821 SE Johnson Creek Blvd. | With only one goal, to jam, find yourself jammed in between instrumentalists and songwriters.
- The Haunted Tavern: A Dark Pop-Up Cocktail Experience | Thurs., June 23-Sat., June 25 | Times vary | Shanghai Tunnel Bar, 211 SW Ankeny St. | $55 | Sip bone-chilling themed cocktails while learning about Portland’s ghostly past. ⚰️
- “The Cherry Orchard” | Thurs., June 23-Sat., July 9 | 7:30 p.m. | Reed College Center for the Performing Arts, Diver Studio Theatre, 3017 SE Woodstock Blvd. | Free+ | This re-telling of Chekhov’s play shows how people confront catastrophic change.
Friday, June 24
- Wild Strawberries | Fri., June 24 | 9:15-10:45 p.m. | Nordic Northwest, 8800 SW Oleson Rd. | $5+ | Take in this subtitled work of Sweden’s most famous filmmaker, Ingmar Bergman.
- Festival of Balloons | Fri., June 24-Sun., June 26 | Times vary | Cook Park, 17005 SW 92nd Ave., Tigard | Prices vary | Relax, shop, eat, enjoy carnival rides + take a tethered hot air balloon ride before dawn or at sunset. 🎈
- Good in the Hood | Fri., June 24-Sun., June 26 | Times vary | King School Park, 4906 NE Sixth Ave. | Free | Celebrate diversity + community with a parade, local food vendors, and live music.
- Mary Chapin Carpenter | Fri., June 24 | 8 p.m. | Aladdin Theater, 3017 SE Milwaukie Ave. | $45+ | The folk and country music hitmaker sings to all ranges of human emotion, with popular tracks like “Passionate Kisses” and “He Thinks He’ll Keep Her.”
- Santana + Earth, Wind & Fire | Fri., June 24 | 7 p.m. | RV Inn Style Resorts Amphitheater, 17200 NE Delfel Rd., Ridgefield, WA | $29.50+ | Groove to the smooth sounds of the Miraculous Supernatural Tour.
- Queer Prom | Fri., June 24 | 5:45-10 p.m. | Movement Portland, 1405 NW 14th Ave. | Prices vary | Dress up for some fancy climbing, then dance the night away to some prom classics. 🏳️🌈
Saturday, June 25
- 29th Annual Hillsdale Brewfest | Sat., June 25 | 11 a.m.-8 p.m. | McMenamins Hillsdale Brewery & Public House, 1505 SW Sunset Blvd. | $25 | Normally held during colder winter months, this event is experimenting with a new format with equally inventive beers. 🍻
- Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts | Sat., June 25-Sun., June 26 | Times vary | Locations vary | Free | Enjoy a weekend of six unique art exhibits, two stages of live music, performances, kids’ activities, artist demos, and a variety of food.
- Chamber Music Northwest Summer Festival | Sat., June 25-Sun., July 31 | Times vary | Locations vary | $30+ | Soak up a summer of live classical music selections in-person + at home.
- Portland Saturday Market | Sat., June 25 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m. | 2 SW Naito Pkwy. | Free | The largest arts and crafts fair in the country awaits.
- Portland Pride Paddle | Sat., June 25 | 11 a.m.-2 p.m. | Heritage Park, 303 NW Lake Rd., Camas, WA | Bring your SUP or kayak for a day of rainbows + sunshine. 🏳️🌈
- The Oasis- Summer Day Party! | Sat., June 25 | 3 p.m.-12 a.m. | Stage 722, 722 SE 10th Ave. | $15+ | Organizers are bringing the beach to the heart of the city; just don’t forget your swimsuit.
- Timbers vs. Colorado Rapids | Sat., June 25 | 7:30 p.m. | Providence Park | $25+ | More like a riffle, if we’re honest. 🌊
- 35th Annual Summer Solstice Celebration | Sat., June 25 | 6-8 p.m. | Cornell Farm, 8212 SW Barnes Rd. | Free | Get excited for the official start of summer with an evening of live music, food + family-friendly activities. 🌻
- Queer Soccer | Sat., June 25 | 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. | Lents Park | Free | Beginners + intermediate players are welcome to join for a morning match. 🏳️🌈
- Willamette Cove Environmental Field Day | Sat., June 25 | 10 a.m.-2 p.m. | 7654 N Crawford St. | Free | Learn about environmental cleanup science, see exploration stations + meet the local team. 💧
Sunday, June 26
- Rose City Brass Quintet | Sun., June 26 | 3-4 p.m. | Nordic Northwest, 8800 SW Oleson Rd. | $5+ | Revel in the curated program featuring music from each Nordic country. 🎺
- Pride Beaverton | Sun., June 26 | 11 a.m.-6 p.m. | Beaverton City Park, 12500 SW Fourth St. | Free | Celebrate the day with a parade, circus, food and drinks, and more glittery gaiety. 💜
- Summer Series: Paper Making | Sun., June 26 | 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. | Independent Publishing Resource Center, 318 SE Main St. #155 | $10+ | Jenn Woodward of Pulp + Deckle teaches you how to make your own paper for art, books, or other fun projects.
- Mila’s Mutts Meet & Greet | Sun., June 26 | 12-3 p.m. | Mud Bay- Grant Park Village. 3230 NE Broadway | Free | Learn about the match program + fostering and meet cute pups.
- The Teasy Belle: A Burlesque Brunch Cabaret | Sun., June 26 | 12 p.m. | The Victorian Belle Mansion, 1441 N. McClellan St. | $20+ | Indulge in alluring burlesque and cabaret, delightful cuisine and cocktails for brunch, all in historic art nouveau surroundings.
Monday, June 27-Thursday, June 30
Monday, June 27
- Shawn Mendes | Mon., June 27 | 7 p.m. | Moda Center | $35.50+ | The “Stitches” singer is in town with special guest Dermot Kennedy on the “Wonder: The World Tour.”
- Air Quality Science Night! | Mon., June 27 | 6-9 p.m. | Migration Brewing Gresham, 18188 NE Wilkes Rd. | Free | Grab a pint and hear from Neighbors for Clean Air about the risks we face, and more importantly, what we can do about them. 🌬️
- Exploring Watercolor | Mon., June 27 | 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. | Leach Botanical Garden, 6704 SE 122nd Ave. | $30+ | Local artist Melissa Gannon will teach watercolor washes and mixing colors. 🎨
Tuesday, June 28
- Baby Shark Live! | Tues., June 28 | 6 p.m. | Keller Auditorium, 222 SW Clay St. | $27.50+ | Every member of the shark family is invited to dance in the aisles doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo. 🦈
- Intuitive Plant Communication with Virginia Archer | Tues., June 28 | 5:30-7 p.m. | The Herb Shoppe, 3912 N. Mississippi Ave. | $17 | Plant empaths will enjoy art + writing exercises and guided meditation, along with herb mocktails. 🌿
- Kau Kau Onolicious Grindz Pop-Up | Tues., June 28 | 4-7 pm. | Little Griddle, 3520 NE 42nd Ave. | Prices vary | Get a taste of the hang-loose lifestyle with dishes like kalua pig + garlic-fried chicken. 🌋
Wednesday, June 29
- Portland Horror Film Festival 2022 | Wed., June 29-Sun., July 3 | Times vary | Hollywood Theatre + Clinton Street Theater | $20+ | Something wicked this way comes to two of the city’s historic silver screens. 🦇
- Happy Hour Crafts and Pints | Wed., June 29 | 2-4:30 p.m. | DIY Bar, 3522 N. Vancouver Ave. | $29 | Learn painting techniques in a social setting with Classpop! 🎨
- Dinner With A Local Filmmaker | Wed., June 29 | 6-9 p.m. | 2129 SE Ladd Ave. | $25 | These ongoing salon-style evenings, hosted by Media Institute for Social Change, feature an Oregon-based filmmaker sharing their current work — and dinner.
- Timbers vs. Houston Dynamo | Wed., June 29 | 7:30 p.m. | Providence Park | $22+ | These opponents are going to have a hard time generating any sort of offense against the home team. 💥
- Los Bitchos | Wed., June 29 | 8 p.m. | Mississippi Studios | $18 | This London-based group recently put out their first full album, featuring instrumental cumbria music with influences from the 70s and 80s.
- OMSI After Dark: Turn Up The Heat | Wed., June 29 | 6-10 p.m. | OMSI | $25 | Learn about the warming planet, spicy food + things that go boom. Is it just us, or is it hot in here? 🔥
- Shrug Buds | Wed., June 29 | 7-10 p.m. | Baerlic Brewing Alberta, 2223 NE Alberta St. | Free | Arm yourself with a sharp pencil + prepare to roll the dice and help everyone draw their way out of the dungeon. ✍️
Thursday, June 30
- Ani DiFranco | Thurs., June 30 | 8 p.m. | McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, 1332 W. Burnside St. | $39.50 | This “Righteous Babe” is ready to rock Rose City.
- Veteran Virtual Job Fair | Thurs., June 30 | 11 a.m.-2 p.m. | Online | Free | HireX is organizing this opportunity for those who served our country.
- Field Trip: Woodpeckers of Portland at Company Lake | Thurs., June 30 | 7-10 a.m. | Company Lake, Troutdale | $45+ | Drumroll please … join Portland Audubon guide Brodie and fellow birders on this adventure out east to find these noisy birds.
- 2022 Waterfront Blues Festival Blues Cruises | Thurs., June 30-Mon., July 4 | Times vary | 1000 SW Naito Pkwy. | $50+ | Cruise the Willamette on the Portland Spirit, where all-star performers showcase their tunes from three different stages. 🛳️