So you want to celebrate the mom figure in your life, but Mother’s Day snuck up on you this year and now you’re starting to sweat. We get it — we’ve all been there — and we want to help. Here are some fun events you can enjoy together around Portland to show her how much you appreciate her.
- Mother’s Day High Royal Tea | Saturday, May 13 | 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | Gray Gables Estate, 3009 SE Chestnut St., Oak Grove | $60 | Choose between garden seating or a spot beneath the chandeliers for this special tea service with handmade tea sandwiches and scones in an elegant setting full of Victorian charm.
- Reigning Roses Walk | Sunday, May 14 | 10 a.m. | Northwest Portland’s Alphabet District, Portland | Donations accepted | Walk with, or in honor of, a special lady in your life at this fundraiser supporting the women and children of Rose Haven — a trauma-informed day shelter — with sponsored stops along the way.
- Mother’s Day at Oaks Amusement Park | Sunday, May 14 | 12-7 p.m. | Oaks Amusement Park, 7805 SE Oaks Park Way, Portland | Free | Moms get a free ride bracelet with the purchase of a wristband for their child.
- Bubbles and Blooms Party | Sunday, May 14 | 1 p.m.-1 a.m. | Pink Rabbit, 232 NW 12th Ave., Portland | Price of purchase | Sip on special cocktails and bubbles (each drink comes with discount cards to the nearby Beauty Rule by The Beauty Collective) and grab a gift bag stuffed with chocolates, roses, and facial masks.
- Floral Arrangement Workshop | Sunday, May 14 | 3-5 p.m. | Opal Blooms Urban Flower Farm, 3507 SW Jerald Ct., Portland | $85 | Spend two hours learning the basics of floral arranging and explore the springtime flower beds as you discover inspiration for your own bouquet.
Looking for Mother’s Day brunch instead? Find a reservation or a spot offering walk-in options.