When we say public libraries are magic, we’re not just speaking to bookworms. ✨
Outside of printed knowledge, fantastical escapes, and harrowing journeys, Multnomah County Central Library has also amassed a huge catalog of other offerings.
Check out these library resources for cardholders — and some for those without one. Pro tip: library cards are free.
In addition to being insanely Instagrammable, the library offers amenities to those who step through its doors.
- Get fresh air at the Central Library Eco-Roof — constructed with plants + sustainable green roof technology
- Explore educational and artistic exhibitions in the Collins Gallery on the third floor
- Enjoy free admission to local museums with My Discovery Pass
- Pick out instant reading material from a selection of e-books and audiobooks
Make an appointment
Workers at the library aren’t just there to help you find books. Try out:
- Computer assistance with a tech professional
- Live Homework Help for academic tutoring
- Homebound services for anyone unable to visit the library
Enjoy the academic bounties from home:
- Study new languages with Mango Languages
- Stream a movie or TV series with Kanopy or Hoopla
- Troubleshoot car problems using ALLDATA repair manuals
- Achieve professional goals with LinkedIn Learning for Libraries
Take it home
Books aren’t the only thing you can check out. You can also reserve:
- WiFi hotspots
- Chromebooks and laptops
- Microfilm readers with the ability to edit, save, print, or email images
Getting down to business
Professionally minded individuals can benefit from:
- Meeting or study rooms
- Free printing, copying, scanning, and faxing services
- Market research analytics for entrepreneurs
- Resume feedback and career assistance at Job Help events
No card needed
Here’s what you can enjoy without a library card.
Want more? The library has more resources on its website.