Good morning, PDX — new voice here. My name is Ryan Johnston and I am the CEO of 6AM City, the parent company and publisher of PDXtoday. First, thank you for waking up with us every morning and looking to our City Editors, Cambrie and Ben, to help you start your day and get excited about everything PDX has to offer.
We launched PDXtoday on Nov. 29, 2021 and we couldn’t be more thrilled at how this city has taken to us. We now wake up with 25,092 readers and reach 6,241 people via social media — a big step up from day one.
We built this product based on both reader and advertiser demand. Readers like you were looking for a quick and convenient way to find everything in one place — focused on all things positive and written in a way that is digestible — and (in an effort to keep our product 100% free to readers) we work with advertisers who want to connect with readers like you.
This newsletter is designed to provide these opportunities via integrated content and display ads that are created to connect and convert customers (aka our readers + followers). A little about them (er, you):
- 70% of our readers use our brand to make purchasing decisions
- 85% have an undergraduate degree
- 80% are homeowners (read: you’re crushing it)
So — how can brands work with PDXtoday?
- Custom email headers: See that top spot where “Hello Tuesday” displays over our illustrated city skyline? Your brand can snag that.
- Lead Story: Our top story of the day that we include in our newsletter, website, and social media channels. Bonus: This comes with the opportunity to poll or quiz our readers, or ask them a question that could help your brand.
- News Notes: These text ads (seen below in our News Notes section) allow you to share news, announcements, hiring opportunities + more — think: tidbits of info about your company or product offerings — in a cost efficient and effective way.
- Branded articles: These splashy content stories are designed to communicate messaging in a digestible manner with our signature, reader-friendly tone and style to drive traffic to your website, landing page, blog, and/or social post — think big.
- Banner ads: Each content section is broken up by a visual banner ad designed to drive brand awareness.
Interested? Learn more about our experience working with various brands across different industries and connect with our local Sales Executive who can walk you through the details.
To our current supporters and, again, to our readers: Thank you. We look forward to being here for years to come.
-Ryan Johnston, CEO