Whether you need to register to vote, inquire about residential services, or just stay in the know about civic happenings, we’re here to connect you with the right department in the city of Portland.
“I want to adopt an animal.”
- Animal Care and Services | Multnomah County Animal Services fosters dogs, cats, and other animals that are looking for a fur-ever home.
“I want to explore Portland’s art scene.”
- Management and Finance | Get updates on artist grants, citywide creative programs, and public art projects from the City Arts Program.
“How do I best prepare for a fire?”
- Emergency Management | Learn city emergency plans and stay connected with local response teams.
“My garbage hasn’t been picked up.”
- Planning and Sustainability | Learn about waste collection, composting, and recycling services.
“I’d like to start a business.”
- Business Opportunities | Register your business, pay taxes, and apply for permits and grants.
“I need help finding a place to live.”
- Housing Bureau | View affordable homes, rent assistance programs, and housing policies.
“Which parks are the best for ages 6-12?”
- Parks and Recreation | Discover local community events, volunteer opportunities, or nearby recreation centers.
“I’d like to work for the city.”
- Human Resources | View the city’s employment opportunities and applicant resources.
“What is going on with all this street construction?”
- Transportation | Learn about upcoming road work, reserve on-street parking, or report an abandoned vehicle.
“Where can I research historical records?”
- Archives & Records Management | Access the city’s historical records, online exhibits, and interviews with government employees.