For Valentine’s Day 2024, we made a map of local places where our readers have made memories. We asked for your help compiling everything from proposals to making friends. You did not disappoint.
You can explore these local love stories by clicking on the hearts, but here are a few love stories that we just had to share:
- “I was reading PDXtoday and a man’s name was mentioned in one of their News Notes. I had dated that man in the past so I took the chance of reaching out to him. We reconnected :) " — Jess L.
- “We met in May at Bike Happy Hour, kept running into each other all summer on Pedalpalooza rides, started doing things together as friends in September, and by October we made the leap to more than friends. Now we are three plus months into a full on love affair in the best way and excited for the future. Pretty awesome for two people in our 60s.” — Carey B.
- “I met my partner Madison at my new job after moving to Portland from Hawaii in the summer of 2023. We’ve been together since that August and I learn new things about myself from him every day. We laugh and grow; our relationship embodies childlike glee. I’m so grateful to have met my love.” — Simone D.
- “We met on Tinder, we grew a great friendship (with both of our kids, too). I thought he was super cute and charming and fell in love and he finally just kissed me, a year-and-a-half after our first date. Loving our little family of four now.” — Anonymous reader
- “My now husband proposed at the highest point of the fountain in Lovejoy Fountain Park on a rainy Sunday in November!” — Anonymous reader
Now we’re really feeling the love.