Going out on New Year’s Eve? Whether you’re excited to enter a bright and shiny new year, or you’re ready to enthusiastically kiss 2022 goodbye, you’ll need a plan for getting to and from your destination. You could hail a cab or wait for a Lyft driver to show up… or you could take a free ride on public transit.
TriMet and the Oregon Department of Transportation are teaming up to offer free rides starting at 8 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 31. Portland party-goers can take advantage of the fare-free option by hopping on any TriMet bus, MAX train, or Portland Streetcar.
Go by MAX
Most MAX lines will run on regular schedules until at least 2 a.m.
- The last MAX Blue Line trip to Gresham leaves Pioneer Square South at 2:23 a.m., and the last trip to Hillsboro leaves Pioneer Square North at 2:47 a.m.
- The last MAX Green Line trip to Clackamas Town Center leaves from Pioneer Courthouse/SW Sixth Ave. at 2:18 a.m., and the last trip from Clackamas Town Center to Gateway Transit Center leaves at 3:12 a.m.
- The last MAX Orange Line trip to SE Park Ave. leaves Pioneer Place/SW Fifth Ave. MAX Station at 2:02 a.m., and the last trip from SE Park Ave. leaves at 2:52 a.m.
- The last MAX Red Line trip to Portland International Airport leaves Pioneer Square South at 12:42 a.m., and the last trip from PDX leaves at 1:56 a.m.
- The last MAX Yellow Line trip to Expo Center leaves Pioneer Courthouse/SW Sixth Ave. at 2:27 a.m., and the last trip from Expo Center to Interstate Rose Quarter leaves at 3:05 a.m.