Table of Contents
Looking to meet your New Year’s resolution in Portland? From feeling fit to finding more family time, check out our local resolution recommendations below.
Cook more meals at home
- Cozymeal Cooking Classes | Locations vary | Local chefs will come straight to your home (or vice versa) to teach a class on a range of topics — from learning how to incorporate fresh herbs to preparing PNW-focused appetizers.
- fuAsian | 13775 NE Eugene St. | Learn to create a Thai meal, Vietnamese pho, or a four-course dinner.
- Hipcooks | 3808 N. Williams Ave. #120 | All skill levels and tastes will get hands-on experience preparing food in a casual environment with many options for plant-based diets.
Join a gym
- barre3 | 11805 NW Cedar Falls Dr. #113 | Part of a nationwide franchise founded in Portland, this studio combines strength, cardio, and mindfulness for a full-body workout that promises to leave you feeling balanced and empowered.
- Cascade Athletic Clubs | 9260 SE Stark St. | Members of this facility in the Montavilla neighborhood can take advantage of group fitness classes, health coaching, and an indoor pool.
- Superpower Studios | 3808 N. Williams Ave. Ste. 132 | Get personalized, one-on-one coaching in an intimate setting that focuses on community and sustainable healthy living adjustments for every age and skill level.
Read more books
- Annie Bloom’s Books | 7834 SW Capitol Hwy. | Find your next favorite fiction novel, cookbook, travel guide, and more under the watchful eye of this Multnomah Village shop’s resident cat.
- Green Bean Books | 1600 NE Alberta St. | This beloved, independent children’s bookstore in the Alberta Arts District is packed with new and used literary gems. Plus, its cozy atmosphere makes it a perfect place to spend a few hours with the family for story time, crafts, or an author reading.
- Powell’s City of Books | 1005 W. Burnside St. | The world’s largest new and used bookstore, located right in the heart of Portland, carries a large selection of titles by local authors.
- The Studio NW | 1633 NW Glisan St. | Get access to seasoned actors and professional training for on-camera scenes, auditioning, scene study, and more — all while having fun with other local creatives.
- Oregon Society of Artists | 2185 SW Park Place | Get quality instruction from experienced artists with a robust lineup of in-person and virtual classes covering everything from sketching to digital painting.
- Pro Photo Supply | 1112 NW 19th Ave. | Spend time developing your photography skills by renting a camera or a piece of equipment, like a fancy lens or studio lighting kit.
Spend more quality time with family
- Harper’s Playground at Arbor Lodge Park | North Delaware Avenue and North Bryant Street | Make some new core memories with your kids at the city’s original all-inclusive playground.
- Portland Escape Rooms | 10700 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy. Ste. 118, Beaverton | Work together to solve clues and escape a themed room before time runs out. Some rooms are rated for players as young as 8.
- Sellwood Riverfront Park | 1221 SE Oaks Park Way | Take your fur family to this sprawling public park with a 1.5-acre off-leash area, a dog-friendly beach, and scenic views of downtown Portland.