Staying calm through a blood draw might not have been Buddy the Elf’s forte, but he got through it by thinking about sugar plums. If you want to spread some holiday cheer like Buddy, consider donating blood in honor of the movie’s 20th anniversary.
If you donate during November, the American Red Cross will give you a pair of “Elf” + Red Cross socks that will warm your feet and your heart.
Here are some upcoming blood drives in Portland:
- Tuesday, Nov. 14 | 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. | The Grotto, 8840 NE Skidmore St.
- Saturday, Nov. 18 | 9 a.m.-2 p.m. | Kingpins PDX, 3550 SE 92nd Ave.
- Friday, Nov. 24 | 10 a.m.-3 p.m. | Smile Station, 8210 SE 13th Ave.
- Monday, Nov. 27 | 1:30-7:30 p.m. | Blood Donation Center, 3131 N. Vancouver Ave.
- Tuesday, Nov. 28 | 8 a.m.-1:30 p.m. | Fred Meyer, 3500 SE 22nd Ave.
- Thursday, Nov. 30 | 9 a.m.-3 p.m. | Pearl West, 1455 NW Irving St.