For those working to bring a skatepark to Southeast Portland, the grind is over — or is it just beginning?
After extensive research, Portland Culture & Livability Commissioner Dan Ryan and Portland Parks & Recreation have landed on the site — Creston Park, located at 4454 SE Powell Blvd. So far, nearly 700 people have shared their thoughts on the future skatepark, which will also offer recreation opportunities for BMX and scooter riders, inline skaters, and other wheeled ways of catching major air.
Here is the project’s timeline (subject to change):
- Conceptual design and analysis — spring 2023 to fall 2023
- Construction documentation — winter 2023 to spring 2024
- Permitting and bidding — summer/fall 2024 to winter 2024
- Construction — spring/summer 2025
- Grand opening — spring 2026
The skatepark will be funded by $5 million in Parks System Development Charges (SDCs). To receive updates, contact Community Engagement Coordinator Odalis Perez-Crouse to be added to the e-mail list.