There’s no dodging Cupid’s arrow — Valentine’s Day is here. Whether you’re celebrating your friendships or sugaring up your sweetheart, we’ve got last-minute Valentine’s Day ideas that will have you loving love.
🌵 Get fantastical with botanicals
If you’re quick, you might have your pick of bouquets using same-day flower delivery. (We’re eyeing those locally designed arrangements.)
Or, get creative and nab a potted plant from these plant spots. Nothing says forever like a hardy succulent.
- Birds & Bees Nursery, 3327 SE 50th Ave., Portland
- Pomarius Nursery, 1920 NW 18th Ave., Portland
- SymbiOp Garden Shop, 3454 SE Powell Blvd, Portland
🥂 Keep spirits up
If you didn’t score reservations, don’t overthink… grab a drink. The following spots have weekday happy hours:
- Bhuna | Daily, 4-6 p.m. | This Indian soul food restaurant has happy hour specials to comfort the soul, with $6 pav sliders and $1 off snacks and skewers.
- The Observatory | Daily, 3-5 p.m. | Share small plates like blackened fish or BBQ pulled pork tacos for $6, prosciutto-wrapped chicken liver mousse for $5, and grilled chicken wings glazed in a sesame sweet chili sauce for $5 — with a $5 daily special cocktail.
- Lil’ Shalom | Daily, 2:30-4:30 p.m. | Don’t mind us as we devour a pita sandwich and wash it down with a mug of beer, all for $15.
For more options, check out our happy hour guide.
🌟 Go stargazing
It doesn’t get much more idyllic than bundling up and looking at the stars. Grab some blankets (and maybe a hot drink) and head to one of these spots away from man-made light to take in the sky.
- Mt. Tabor Park | Southeast 60th Avenue + Southeast Salmon Street
- Rooster Rock State Park | 24 miles east in Corbett
- Bald Peak State Scenic Viewpoint | 24 miles southwest in Hillsboro
- Vista House | 40700 Historic Columbia River Hwy., Corbett
- L.L. Stub Stewart State Park | 33 miles northwest in Buxton
- Larch Mountain | 38 miles east near Bridal Veil
Check out more of our local date ideas — there’s something for everyone.