Samwise Gamgee, Lando Calrissian, and Dwight Schrute walk into a convention center… and proceed to squabble over who was the best sidekick.
That’s the kind of quirky character interaction we’re hoping for at Rose City Comic Con — Portland’s premier pop culture event — which returns to the Oregon Convention Center from Friday, Sept. 22, to Sunday, Sept. 24. The family-friendly celebration has something for everyone, whatever fandom you fancy.
🧠 Things to know
- Standard, three-day badges are $90, and there are also single-day passes ($48-$62).
- Using the mobile app will keep you up to date on information about guests, schedules, exhibitors, artists, panels, and family activities — especially since there won’t be a physical program to reference.
- The convention breaks experiences into different fan guides, which can help you narrow your focus to get the most out of your time.
- When it comes to accessibility, a limited number of wheelchairs and electric convenience vehicles are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Anyone who needs a quiet space away from the hustle and bustle can find it in Room E147-148.
⭐ Can’t miss events
- Creator-Owned Comics: From Start to Finish | Friday at 7 p.m.; Room E141-144
- Critical Role Spotlight (Reservation required) | Saturday at 10:15 a.m.; Main Stage - Portland Ballroom
- Drink and Draw with Mike Lowery | Saturday at 3:15 p.m.; Weird Stage - Oregon Ballroom 203 + 204
- RCCC Cosplay Competition | Saturday at 7:30 p.m.; Main Stage - Portland Ballroom
- Autographs and photo ops with Zoe Saldaña | Times vary on Saturday and Sunday; Various locations
- The Crew: The Power of Found Family Signing | Sunday at 12 p.m.; RCCC Bookstore powered by Powell’s - Booth #1007
- Wonder Woman Historia: Creator Spotlight | Sunday at 3 p.m.; Main Stage - Portland Ballroom
Plan your weekend and check out the full programming schedule.